Would you like to participate with your child?
We are currently recruiting 3- to 4-month-olds and 7- to 8-month-olds to complete a lab visit at Kansas City University Baby Development Lab. If your child is 7 months old or younger, or if your child will be 3 months old anytime between December 2023 and May 2024, we’d love to set up an appointment for when your child is in the appropriate age range (so you can contact us even if your child is younger than 7 months).
- Once you are in the lab, we will explain the study and show you examples of the images your child will see.
- Then you will go to a smaller room where you will hold your child on your lap as they view images on the TV screen.
- We can take a break anytime if your child gets fussy, or we can stop the experiment at any time.
- After the time spent in the testing booth, we will have you fill out a few surveys while your child can play with toys in the lab.
- One visit to the lab takes about 45 minutes. This includes time spent explaining the consent form(s) and studies, setting up the camera, having your child complete the experiment(s), and filling out some surveys.
- If you participate in the 7-month study, you will receive $50 for participation in one 45 minute visit.
- If you participate in the 3-month study, you will receive $275 for participation in all four, 45 minute visits! You will visit the lab when your child is 3-4 months old, 7-8 months, 12-13 months, and 15-16 months old.
Don’t hesitate to reach out with the contact information below, or send a message using the form.
Also, check out our Facebook and Instagram page: